The rest of The Dodecanese islands
Each of these 12 islands with its proud character, all close to the Turkish coast, worth a trip.
If Rhodes is the largest, it is difficult to say which is the most beautiful Kos, its castle, its ancient ruins and nightlife, Symi, thes smallest island with its neoclassical charm or Patmos, the island of St. John, the mountainous Kalymnos, the original Karpathos, the island of hiker, the unknown Tilos or the Kastelorizo the easternmost land of Europe…
- Kalymnos: Pothia the capital, the Cave of the Nymphs, the ruins of Kastro built by the Knights of St John, the island of Telendos.
- Karpathos: Pigadia the capital, Palatia, one of the four ancient cities of the island, the village of Olympos, Aperi, Menetes, the port of Diafani, the Amoopi Bay.
- Kastelorizo: the port, the Blue Grotto, the most beautiful sea cave of Greece, the remnants of the fortress from the fifth century and his tomb carved in the rock.
- Kos: the capital, the castle built by the Knights of St John, the sanctuary of Aphrodite, the Asclepeion , great therapeutic center of the antiquity, the thermal springs of Thermai.
- Patmos: Chora and its mansions, its neo-classical buildings, the port of Skala, the Monastery of St. John the Cave of the Apocalypse; pilgrimage on 14 and 15 August and during the Orthodox Easter.
- Symi: neoclassical houses of its capital, the monastery of Panormitis.
- Tilos: Its capital Megalo Horio and themedieval fortress, the Monastery of Aghios Panteleimonas, the ports of Livadia and Agios Antonios, the beaches of Plaka & Eristos.
- Climbing: Kalymnos, many sites for climbing; the island has more than 60 cliffs and 500 routes.
- Diving: Kalymnos famous for its sea and numerous dive sites.
How to reach the rest of the Dodecanese islands
Check our products
- Kalymnos: international flight to Rhodes + ferry crossing or flight to Athens + domestic flight.
- Karpathos and Kos: international flight to Rhodes or Athens + domestic flight or ferry crossing from Rhodes.
- Kastelorizo: International flight to Rhodes + domestic flight or ferry crossing
- Patmos, Symi and Tilos: international flight to Rhodes + ferry crossing