Discover Corfu – Ionannina – Meteora
Corfu – Ioannina – Meteora 8 days / 7 nights
- Day 1:Arrival. Meet and greet at Corfu airport with English-speaking escort. Transfer to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in 3 * hotel in Corfu.
- Day 2: After breakfast, departure to catch up the ferry to Igoumenitsa. On the way to Ioannina, visit Dodone Theatre, Ioannina city tour and lunch in tavern. Boat crossing of the Pamvotiva lake (10minutes). Arrival at the small island of Ali Pasha. Visit the Museum of Ali Pascha. –Dinner and overnight in 3* hotel at Ioannina.
- Day 3: Breakfast at the hotel. Visit of the Vrelli museum. (Famous museum of wax figures). Visit of Zagoria (2 villages) and the Vikos Gorge. Lunch in tavern. Dinner and overnight in 3 * hotel in Ioannina.
- Day 4: Breakfast and road to Meteora. Visit Meteora. Lunch in a tavern. Dinner and overnight 3 * hotel in Kalambaka.
- Day 5: Breakfast and departure for the visit of Lake Plastiras. Lunch in a tavern. Continue to Igoumenitsa. Ferry. Arrival in Corfu. Dinner and overnight in 3 * hotel.
- Day 6: Transfer to the port of Corfu and boarding on the ship. Travel along the Albanian port of Saranda. Formalities (payment visa locally € 10 per person) and then depart for a tour of 20km by bus passing through picturesque villages, fertile plains and a majestic lake on which lies the ancient city of Butrint (in Butrint Albanian):, listed World Heritage by UNESCO, including an ancient theater, Roman baths, a chapel of the fifth century, a city gate and a medieval century fortress now being a museum. Back in Saranda for lunch and free time. Back to Corfu approximately at 19:00. Overnight at 3 * hotel in Corfu
- Day 7: After breakfast, departure by bus to Gastouri, a small village in the central part of the island to visit the Palace of Achillion, Neoclassical building built in 1890 at the request of the Empress Elizabeth (the famous Sissi) which is preserved as museum nowadays. Visit Corfu town on foot, its historic center with its picturesque streets, aristocratic buildings and the St. Spyridon cathedral. Free time. Continue to the northwest to visit Paleokastritsa and its Byzantine monastery, coves and cliffs. Little boat ride around 30min. Time for swimming. Lunch in tavern. Back at the hotel around 17:00. Dinner and overnight at 3 * hotel in Corfu.
- Day 8: Transfer at the airport with English speaking escort. Assistance to the departure formalities. End of our services.
Rates on request, possibility to elaborate tailor made programs according to your needs.
Download the PDF file